The Michigan Primary Care Association is excited to host its Second Annual Michigan LGBTQ Health Summit at the Crowne Plaza in Lansing, Michigan, on June 7 and 8.
Target Audience - Clinicians
June 7th will be a focused training for all clinicians that want to learn about providing quality care for transgender patients and prescribing Pre-exposure (PrEP). Dr. Kevin Ard from the National LGBT Health Education Center will provide a focused training on PrEP. This will be followed by an overview of implementing PrEP in a Health Center setting by Paula Peters from Great Lakes Bay Health Center. In addition, Linda Wesp from the University of Wisconsin and co-author of the CoE Guidelines for the Primary Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People, 2nd Edition, will be training clinicians on providing competent care to transgender patients. CEUs will be available and we will share the full agenda as soon as it is finalized.
Target Audience - Intended for all audiences including, but not limited to clinicians, front line staff, nurses, behavioral health providers and adminitrators
The agenda will feature best practices in primary care from industry experts, as well as innovative projects and programs that focus on providing quality care for Michigan's LGBTQ population. Our goal is to help your team increase competencies and learn more about how to be sensitive to the unique social determinants and health disparities our LGBTQ communities face. We'll share the full agenda as soon as it's finalized. We look forward to seeing you in June!
We'll be posting a copy of the finalized agenda soon
Full LGBTQ Health Summit (both days)
- Health Centers and Non-Profits - $200
- Full LGBTQ Health Summit - Others - $220
June 7 only
- Health Centers and Non-Profits - $70
- Other Partners - $80
June 8 only
- Health Centers and Non-Profits - $130
- Other Partners - $140
- $50 (Must fill out an application. Please contact Lindsey Naeyaert at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application)
A limited number of scholarships are available on a first-com first serve basis. Please contact Lindsey Naeyaert at email@example.com to obtain an application.
For more information and to register as a sponsor and /or exhibitor, click here.
Crowne Plaza Lansing West
925 South Creyts Road
Lansing, MI 48917
- Group room rate: $139 + tax per night
- Check-in: 4 pm
- Check-out: 11 am
- Parking: Free
Reservations can be made one of two ways:
- Call the Crowne Plaza directly at 1.877.322.5544 and ask for the reservations department. Be sure to let them know you are with the MPCA-LGBTQ health Summit room block. The hotel cannot guarantee MPCA's group rate for reservations after May 17, 2017. Reservations made after this date will be on a space-available basis.
- Reservations can also be made online with the group access code HS6. Please go to the Crowne Plaza website, and fill in your check-in/check-out dates and the group code.
Please contact Lindsey Naeyaert, Clinical Specialist, Michigan Primary Care Association at 517.827.0874 or firstname.lastname@example.org